Monday, July 22, 2013

Trying to Post More

So after a couple weeks high carb low fat vegan (Raw Til 4 group on Facebook is great), I fell off the wagon this weekend.

I have realized a few things:

I thought there were cravings and hunger. But honestly, once I have gotten back to bananas and fruit, I realize that what I have always thought of as hunger are also cravings. Not I need chocolate now! Not salty or sweet crazy cravings. But rather, "I'm hungry. I'd like a ___." When I eat bananas, for breakfast for example, I never crave them but when I'm drinking my smoothie it feels RIGHT. It's a different kind of hunger and sense of being satiated. So if I stay on fruit and high carb, I hope this will be a way of life.

I've also realized that it's harder to go back to a SAD diet filled with fat because every time I fall, my body rejects it more. I.e. my stomach hurts, my body aches, and I feel generally crappy.

No comments: