Friday, March 12, 2010

weird morning

So after my small epiphany yesterday (both about raw foods and about some eprsonal things - what a day!), I started the day off by waking up freezing. Under the covers with a heater on and still freezing and lethargic and not able to move out of bed. Usually after my partner wakes up, I can go back to sleep for a bit, but not today. I just laid there in a fog for about an hour and a half. I was worried I'd wake with an "agitated head" (what I call a pre-headache head - I get intense migraines, since birth), but Iwhen I finally forced myself up, I felt fine. I did feel kind of stuffed up though which makes me think I have lots of hidden mucus. Scary!
So I had a green lemonade* but my little juicer didn'twork, so again I just blended it up and am finishing it now. I know it's not as good as juiced up, but it's alot better than an english muffin at this point.
I really want to do a juice fast (feast?) for at least 3 days, but I know I need a good juicer. Might get that today if I can find one and if not, maybe get one online. I just had a dehydrator delivered and I can't wait to use it! But anyway, I want to do the juice fast but I know that this weekend will not work for me, and I don't want to set myself up for failure.
Just took the last swig of my lemonade. I swear I feel much better than when I started drinking it. I'm going to try and find some of the herbs to kill parasites today at whole foods. The thought of having that in my body may be just a scare tactic - but it's working!

*By the way, you can find this recipe anywhere, but it's an awesome drink:

Green lemonade

1 head romaine lettuce or celery
5 to 6 stalks kale
1 to 2 apples (as needed for sweetness)
1 whole lemon
1 to 2 inches fresh ginger

(I did not use as much of each thing which maybe I will someday but I used about half and I could barely finish it - I am FULL from this - amazing!)

No comments: