Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wow...


I'm proud of myself...but I don't want to get too proud yet. :)
In the past couple weeks I've been an avg of 75% raw and getting more and more raw. I work with baked goods, and I don't have a desire for them! I don't feel that addictive feeling for bread, my weakness, but I also haven't given it up completely. I have a dehydrator now, so I'm hoping that I can make raw breads and the like to make up for it.
Overall though, I am wow-ed at the fact that I am no longer constantly hungry and I actually feel satisfied after I eat something! Before I felt full and then almost directly after, I would want more food. Getting satiated and full of what my body needs was NOT in the equation. It's a such a difference - it's unbelievable!
I'm not sure what analogy to use except to say that i really know why they're called empty calories now. They give you taste and the feeling of eating but that's it.
I feel much more connected to my body already which feels great. I just have to keep it up!
I took this photo about a week ago when I was struggling a bit and it's a real wake up call! Once again, I love bbws but for me, I used to wear these "wife beater shirts" (pardon the expression) and jeans as a staple. After winter and lots of stress, I now realize I can barely squeeeeeze myself in. Ugh!
I look forward to more changes!

No comments: