Monday, April 19, 2010

We did it!




So a few days ago, my s.o. and I completed 5 days, by the book, on the 80/10/10 Diet. Now, keep in mind, I have been a vegetarian for 17 yrs (albeit not a very healthy one) and my s.o. is a huge meat eater. So we both experienced a lot of detox symptoms (but his gas smelled like fruit - I know, TMI) but we both started feeling better almost immediately.
On our 6th day, we did have sashimi, and we each had a bit of rice (I had very minimal). It wasn't as cathartic as I thought it would be. At night our big treat was to make a hot n sour soup. We did this from scratch and though it was cooked, it was so healthy and delicious.
Now, days later, we're still eating low fat raw vegan but a bit more loosely so. Miraculous!
Here's some piccys of our soup just cut up and then done and in bowls. ;)
When this becomes what you crave, you know you're getting healthier!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That soup looks so yummy! Can you send me the recipe?

Unknown said...

Sent!