Thursday, June 20, 2013

CSAs

My lunch banana smoothie is one I left in the work fridge form yesterday for time-saving. It seems to have separated into foam (which I've gotten through) and juicy banana liquid. Blech. Almost spat that out onto my keyboard but restrained myself. What is up with that, fair bananas?

There are these cashew cluster things at work that I believe the office manager gets at Costco. Man, are they good.


I hope they're not insanely bad for me, but I don't think so.














I am thinking about joining a CSA. The commitment scares me but I've gotten over that in life so why not with vegetables? :)

















This one I have bought from at the farmer's market, as well as attended their pot luck/pig roast which was so awesome.

Johnson's Backyard Farm

This one is the oldest in the state, supposedly:

Tecolote Farms

And this one is just cute and in a "blighted" neighborhood which I love:

Green Gate Farms

I wonder if there are a lot more pros than just buying what I want at a farmer's market.

Hmm...

No comments: