Monday, June 17, 2013

Ups and Way Downs

But yes, the ups are prevailing!
So I've definitely fallen way off the wagon a couple times. What can I say? I have a rebellious nature.

Friday was the worst so of course I'll start with that. I was feeling hormonal and I decided to be "naughty" and eat snacks while I was off work early. Cut to cheese puffs, combos, and Quizno's. I loved the chippy stuff, I admit. But it was so grainy and it stained my hands ridiculously. The Quizno's, a tuna sub (which I haven't had from them in years), was of course good because it was DRENCHED in salt. I don't know if it's my new found taste buds or if it's just the store (or both?), but man, my mouth was tingly by the end of it. So of course I didn't feel good about my choices but I thought, meh, I'll do better tomorrow.
WRONG.
My fear of becoming a person who eats one bad thing and turns to a quivering bowl of jelly was realized. I AM THAT PERSON. Sure, I see skinny people scarfing fast food all the time. People older and worse looking than anyone in my family (comparatively speaking) who are walking around at the age of 80 (most of my family did not make it to that age). I try to follow the "don't judge a book by its cover" saying but it really does get hard. BUT these people could be in pain as soon as they get home. Or not. Maybe they have way better genes. Who knows.
All I know is...I am who I am. And I am obviously not supposed to eat "normally". By the time I went to bed I started having flu like symptoms. I was literally a quivering mass of jelly the whole night. I got up, heaved a bit but didn't throw up too much, and was unable to sleep. I finally dozed off mid-morning and woke up with a TERRIBLE headache. I took pills and it cleared but it came back two times that day.
I wish it weren't so, but it's true.
Then yesterday I went to an Asian fusion type buffet for Father's Day. I didn't eat as badly as I could have, but again, SALTY. I felt lethargic but nothing too bad. My husband passed out, but he's another food story. (Crohn's, etc.) This morning I COULD NOT PUT ON MY WEDDING RING.
*Sorry for the caps but it still amazes me that this stuff happens.
Today I've had a papaya smoothie (half a papaya and some coconut water for alkalizing - pleeeeassseee alkalize me lol), and a 5 banana smoothie with water. The latter really tasted like a milkshake. I don't know if it's how long I blended it for but it was awesome. (Go Ninja! Love that blender)
I feel good and am going full Low Fat Raw Vegan this week! xox

No comments: